Friday, October 24, 2008

My life incident. 1997

My parents almost filled a missing persons report for me. During the fall of 1997, I got sent on the wrong bus after school and this caused my parents to think I was kidnapped. I was in the PM class of kindergarten at Evamere elementary school in Hudson. I also attended Kid’s Play day care about 5 minutes from my house. I went there in the morning before school and directly afterwards. It was the first day of kindergarten and I was like a dog with a brand new chew toy. I was so excited to be there. Unfortunately the day didn’t end well because the teachers sent me on the wrong bus. Towards the end of the day, I was walking to the sign that had the bus number I was supposed to take. I can see the sign in my head; it was a number in the forties that was hanging on the wall. I told them what bus I was supposed to be on but they disagreed with me and put me on a different one. Instead of being sent back to Kid’s play, they sent me to my house. As I got off the bus I remember the sight of the parents all standing there waiting for their kids. I started to get confused and worried because I didn’t see my parents. I told one of my friends that my parents weren’t home so they decided that I could go to their house until my parents got home. I vividly remember playing with those cheap plastic train toys they had as I waited. Little did I know that my parents had already gone to the day care and saw that I wasn’t there. I checked back home a few times but they still weren’t back yet. I continued playing with the neighbors toys until they came and told me to hurry up because I had to go home. When I got home, my mom was as happy as a child on Christmas morning. I remember the sigh of relief that I heard my mom make as I walked through the door. I was as confused as my cat when we tried to put it in the dryer.
Later that day, I learned that my parents actually thought that I had been kidnapped by someone because they couldn’t find me at home or at the day care. They even called the police and were about to fill out a missing persons report. Out of all of the things that my parents told me, I can still hear the words “missing persons report” going through my head. My parents were furious with the teachers at Evamere that they sent me on the wrong bus. What I thought was a normal day was actually a day of worrying and distress for my parents. My parents were also in disbelief when they did it again the next year but my neighbors were smart and took me to Kid’s Play.

No comments: